We were delighted to welcome Thupten Wangchen, “Member of Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile (Europe), Director of Tibet House Barcelona and a Buddhist Monk”, to our office as part of his incredible dialogue for peace tour. Accompanied by Javier and Paolo (two dedicated volunteers) they are doing a road trip – in a very visible car – to 30 countries to “request Europe to help bring about urgent dialogue between the Dalai Lama and Xi Jinping”.
Thupten Wangchen also takes with him a 12 point manifesto:
- Urgent peaceful dialogue between a Dalai Lama’s delegation and the Chinese Government of Xi Jinping.
- The release of the Panchen Lama, Gendum Chokyi Nyima.
- Freedom of religion, education and movement for Tibetans in Tibet.
- Stop the destruction of the ecology and the Tibetan environment and respect the Tibetan nomadic way of life.
- Preservation of the TIBETAN language and culture and release of Tashi Wangchuk.
- Stop the one road one belt project.
- Stop expelling monks and nuns from the monasteries.
- The Dalai Lama’s return to Tibet.
- Stop Confucius institutes.
- Stop the Dalai Lama’s reincarnation interference.
- Allowing a fact finding delegation to Tibet without precondition
- Reciprocal access to Tibet
We cooked up some momos for our special guests and had a very good lunch hearing about their travels and their mission.
We wish them well for the remainder of their time on the road.