Facebook now gives users the opportunity to raise money for charity directly through facebook. No need to share a link to a JustGiving page, no new website for you or your friends to have to sign up to. Instead all can be done in a couple of clicks through the fundraising pages. This is great news for charities and also for people on facebook wishing to raise money for their favourite charity.
- Birthday fundraiser – instead of a present or a card, ask for donations instead
- Sponsored challenge – do something unusual and collect donations
- Host an event and “sell” tickets via donations made to your fundraising page
- For no reason other than to introduce your network of friends to a good cause
How to setup a fundraising page for Tibet Relief Fund:
First step is to have a profile on facebook and navigate to our facebook fundraising page – https://fb.com/fund/TibetReliefFund//
Then simply click the blue “+ Raise Money” and follow the step by step process.
1. Join our other facebook fundraisers
2. Yes. Get started
3. Put how much you want to raise and when the fundraising will finish (and of course that Tibet Relief Fund is your selected charity)
4. Let your friends know why you are raising money
5. Select a nice image to use as your “header” image and press the create button
Good luck in starting your page, and if you do, thank you very much!