Losar goes hand in hand with Tibetan treats! With our recipe – provided by Jampa Gyaltsen – you can make your own delicious Dresil. Give it a go!
Dresil – Tibetan Sweet Rice (Serves ten)
- 450g white rice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 60g fried cashew nuts
- 150g raisins
- 50g sugar
- 150g droma (a Tibetan wild sweet potato. Use normal sweet potato if you can’t get droma, or leave out completely)
- Any other nuts or dried fruits, as desired
1) Cook the rice in a litre of water
2) If using droma, boil the droma in water for 35-40 minutes until softened but not mushy. Drain and rinse well because most droma will have a fair amount of soil in it!
3) Mix together all the ingredients
4) Serve in small bowls and enjoy with Tibetan butter tea or sweet tea.